Richard L. Rayburg
Community Development Office
1829 Fifth Avenue
Arnold, PA 15068
Tel. No. 724-335-8558, Ext. 8
Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission
Pittsburgh Regional Office
301 Fifth Avenue
Suite 390, Piatt Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
(412) 565-5711 TTY Users only
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
PITTSBURGH FHEO FIELD OFFICE
Moorhead Federal Building
1000 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
(412) 644-5449 or (412) 644-6353
Fax: (412) 644-6516
TTY: (800) 927-9275
FEDERAL FAIR HOUSING ACT AND
PENNSYLVANIA HUMAN RELATIONS ACT
This notice will serve to advise all residents of the City of Arnold that the following actions, if based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, familial status (families with children), or handicap (disability) is prohibited by Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (Federal Fair Housing Act) and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act adds the additional protected classes of age, ancestry and use of guide or support animals because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals are considered discriminatory:
- Refusing to sell or rent to, deal or negotiate with any person.
- Discriminating on terms or conditions for buying or renting housing.
- Discriminating by advertising that housing is available only to persons of a certain race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, familial status, handicap (disability), age, ancestry or with no animals.
- Denying that housing is available for inspection, sale or rent when it really is available.
- Blockbusting-for profit, persuading owners to sell or rent housing by telling them that minority
groups are moving into the neighborhood.
- Denying or making different terms or conditions for home loans by financial institutions.
- Denying to anyone the use or participation in any real estate services, multiple listing services
or other facilities related to the selling and renting of housing.
The City of Arnold is committed to further Fair Housing by providing training and educational programs about fair housing to Financial, Real Estate and Property Management professionals and conducting meeting with advocacy groups to explain their rights under the Federal Fair Housing Act and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act.
All residents are hereby notified, that Richard L. Rayburg is designated as Fair Housing Officer for the City of Arnold and that any resident that believes they have been discriminated against under any of the above condition may file a complaint with the Fair Housing Officer at the following address: